The 'LIGHT' House
This is NOT a picture of an abortion!
This picture is of a 21-week old fetus still inside the mother's womb.
It was taken during an operation to correct the birth defect Spina Bifida.
At 21 weeks, this baby was already holding on for life!
This initial story is NOT about abortion, but is here to illustrate just how precious every life is.
Following this true story, you will find Facts and Statistics concerning abortion. You will also find a resource list of Support Groups, a Directory of Shelters for pregnant women seeking an alternative to abortion, the Pro Life Web Ring, a list of Suggested Reading, and Important Web Links.
The Smell of Rain
A cold March wind danced around the dead of night in Dallas as the doctor walked into the hospital room of Diana Blessing. Still groggy from surgery, her husband David held her hand. That afternoon, complications had forced Diana, only 24-weeks pregnant, to undergo an emergency cesarean to deliver the couple's new daughter, Danae Lu Blessing. At 12 inches long and weighing only one pound and nine ounces, they knew she was perilously premature. Still, the doctor's soft words dropped like bombs. "I don't think she's going to make it," he said. "There's only a 10-percent chance she will live through the night, and even then, her future could be a very cruel one."
Numb with disbelief, David and Diana listened as the doctor described the devastating problems Danae would likely face if she survived. She would never walk; she would never talk; she would probably be blind; she would certainly be prone to other catastrophic conditions from cerebral palsy to complete mental retardation; and on and on. "No! No!" was all Diana could say. She and David with their 5 year-old son Dustin, had dreamed of the day they would become a family of four. Now, in a matter of hours, that dream was slipping away. David said, "we needed to talk about making funeral arrangements, Diana (I felt so bad for him because he was doing everything, trying to include me, but I just couldn't listen.) I said, "No, that is not going to happen, no way! I don't care what the doctors say. Danae is not going to die! One day she will be just fine, and she will be coming home with us!"
Danae clung to life with the help of every medical machine and marvel her miniature body could endure but as those first days passed, a new agony set in for David and Diana. Because Danae's underdeveloped nervous system was essentially "raw," the lightest kiss or caress only intensified her discomfort so they couldn't even cradle their tiny baby girl against their chests. All they could do was to pray that God would stay close to their precious little girl.
As the weeks went by, she slowly gained weight and strength. When Danae turned two months old, her parents were able to hold her. Two months later, though doctors continued to warn that her chances of survival--much less living a normal life--were next to zero, Danae went home, just as her mother had predicted. Five years later, Danae is a petite but feisty young girl. She shows no signs of any mental or physical impairments. But this happy ending is far from the end of her story.
One blistering summer afternoon, Danae was sitting in her mother's lap watching her brother's baseball team practice. As always, Danae was chattering non-stop with her mother. Hugging her arms across her chest, Danae asked, "Do you smell that?" Detecting the approach of a thunderstorm, Diana replied, "Yes, it smells like rain." Still caught in the moment, Danae shook her head, patted her thin shoulders with her small hands and loudly announced, "No, it smells like Him. It smells like God when you lay your head on His chest." Tears blurred Diana's eyes as Danae then hopped down to play.
Her daughter's words confirmed what the Blessing family had known all along. During the first two months of life, when her nerves were too sensitive for them to touch her, God was holding Danae on His chest, and it is His loving scent that she remembers so well.
"Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee..." Jeremiah 1:5 (KJV) Can anyone doubt that it was God that formed Danae, that He knew her, and that He sanctified her for a specific purpose. I don't know what all God has in mind for Danae, but part of her purpose in life spoke to me today. I trust it has for you too.
As of January 2000The Bad News:
- Since 1973, 38 million children have been killed by abortion.
- 3300 babies are aborted per day in the USA.
- 1 out of 3 babies conceived die by abortion.
- Abortion is the #1 frequently performed surgery in the USA.
- It is legal to obtain an abortion through all 9 months of pregnancy for elective reasons in all 50 states. (Check out the yellow pages under "Abortion" and read the ads.)
- Partial-birth Infanticides are 80% elective: In a partial-birth abortion, in the fifth month of pregnancy or later, the abortionist pulls out of the womb, a living baby feet-first, all but the head. The skull is punctured and the brain suctioned out, and the now-dead baby is delivered.
- A large percentage of abortion clinics operating currently are not licesned as ambulatory surgical facilities. As such, they are not monitored by State health agencies and do not have to meet standards of quality set forth by State guidelines. In Ohio alone, 80% of the abortion clinics operating are not licensed.
The Sad News:
- Abortion may be legal, but it is not safe. There are two victims - one is dead, one is wounded.
- Abortion exploits women: It is usually done by men (most abortionists are men). It is usually done for the benefit of men (keeps them from taking responsibility for their actions). Abortion is a very lucrative business.
- Abortion harms women: Physically: 10% of first trimester abortions result in sterility; the risk of breast cancer is increased 50% if the first baby is aborted; other complications include bleeding, infections, uterine perforation, and sometimes death. Emotionally: 90% suffer post abortion syndrome - guilt, anger, depression, nightmares, alcohol abuse (9 times more likely), drug abuse, and suicide.
- There are 6 abortion mills in Columbus, Ohio. How many are there in your town?
The Good News: We're Winning!
- Abortions are at their lowest since 1976.
- The number of abortions performed annually has dropped from 1.6 million to 1.2 million. The 3300 performed daily is down from 3900.
- There are 562 fewer abortion centers in the USA today than in 1986
- Today only 11%of the medical training facilities teach the child killing procedures, down from 56% in 1987.
- There is help! For pregnant women in crisis or women suffering from post abortion syndrome: Pregnancy Distress Centers, Pregnancy Care Centers, New Life Nurse-Midwifery Care, and others. Many places also offer help for men suffering from the trauma of abortion. Consult your local telephone book.
- Proverbs 24:11 "Rescue those being lead away to death; hold back those staggering toward slaughter. If you say, 'But we knew nothing about this', does not He who weighs the heart perceive it? Does not He who guards your life know it? Will He not repay each person according to what he has done?"
- Mother Teresa: "If we accept that a mother can kill even her own child, how can we tell other pepole not to kill one another?"
- Declaration of Independence of the United States: "....that all men are created equal, that they are endowed with certain unalienable rights, that among these rights are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."
What Can You Do?
- Pray: "If my people who are called by My name, humble themselves and pray, and seek My face, then I will hear their prayer and heal their land." 2 Chronicles 7:14.
- Support local prolife organizations such as Pregnancy Care Centers. Offer your professional services: plumbing, carpentry, personal computers, graphic design, accounting, etc. Donate baby clothes and furniture.
- Baby-sit for a single parent. Invite a single-parent family to your home for holiday or weekend activities.
- Participate in abstinence awareness programs with teens in church/school.
- Become registered and exercise your right to vote. Support and vote for candidates who hold life-affirming positions.
- Be a friend to a pregnant mother in crisis or a woman or family suffering for the trauma of abortion. If you are such a woman, seek help from your local prolife organization, or begin talking to a "safe" person.
* * * * * * * *
Please take a moment to consider the following true story:
A group of medical specialists recently were convened in a medical workshop to discuss the ethics of abortion and the following situation was proposed to them by the lecturer....
You are a physician who has been contacted by a patient, a young woman in her early thirties. She has come to you for medical help as well as your professional advice. A review of the woman's medical history shows that she suffers from tuberculosis and is in only fair health. Her husband suffers from syphilis and most likely she too has contracted that disease although it may be in some degree of remission. She has had four previous pregnancies resulting in four live births. Three of the children are still alive. One is blind and two are deaf. The fourth child died at an early age of unknown causes. She asks you about terminating this pregnancy with an abortion. You consider her health, the previous births and the moral legitimacy of abortion. What do you do???
The medical specialists were polled and almost 90% of them recommended a therapeutic abortion.
The lecturer then stated: "Ladies and gentlemen, you have voted to abort the life of Beethoven."
THE DEBATE.......Is it really a "baby" before it is born?
Doctors who perform abortions say it's not. They call it "fetal tissue". That's how they justify aborting it. But what about the picture at the top of this page? What do you think? Also, to help you decide for yourself, here is a story of how one girl made that decision. The touching true story, What Lori Learned may give you insights on this pivotal issue.
My personal opinion is: If its not a "baby", then You're not "pregnant"
Pregnant or Know Someone who is???
Directory of Shelters for Pregnant Women Seeking an Alternative to Abortion
Please Enter the State Name below to see listings:
SUPPORT GROUPS - Please Call Them!
Pregnancy Care Center of
Union County, Ohio
825 W. 6th. St.
Marysville, Ohio 43040
PO Box 9292
Colorado Springs, CO 80932
Ohio Right To Life
109 Carpenter Dr. Suite 100
Sterling, VA 20164
7870 Olentangy River Rd. Suite 304
Columbus, Ohio 43234-1319
American Rights Coalition
PO Box 487
Cattanooga, TN 37401
800-634-2224 for Medical,
Legal and emotional assistance.
National Office of Post-Abortion
Reconciliation and Healing
PO Box 07477
Milwaukee, WI 53207-0477
Victims of Choice, Inc.
PO Box 815
Naperville, IL 60566-0815
Life After Assault League, Inc.
1336 W. Lindbergh
Appleton, WI 54914
Pregnancy Centers Online
(Talk to Someone Online)
Abortion Some Medical Facts
Abortion-Breast Cancer Link, Dr. Joel Brind PhD.
The Reality of Abortion
(This is a very graphic site, but if you want reality, here it is!)
Regrets-Women's True Stories
Ohio Right To Life
National Right To Life - About Abortion
Ultimate Pro-Life Resource List
Recognizing Post Abortion Syndrome
Emotional Healing After Abortion
(Retreats for Healing After Abortion)
Roe vs. Wade - The Decision
The Atonement Child ,by Francine Rivers.
This Real Pro-Life Ring site
is owned by BJ & Ken Nicol.
Click here to see List of all Current Members
[ Prev | Skip It | Next 5 | Random | Next]
Want to join the ring? Get the info.
I have gladly included the following information linking to our French pro-life brothers and sisters across the sea.
you have a wonderful site but you don't have link to french pro-life site. Why not having one with Jeunesse-Action-Chrétienté ?
Our home page : http://www.multimania.com/jeunesseaction
Our pro-life page : http://www.multimania.com/jeunesseaction/vie.htm
Our e-mail : email@example.com
Jeunesse-Action-Chrétienté is a french association of young catholics who want to change the society and fight abortion. For that, we join SOS Tout-Petits and we go prying in front of abortion centers. We also try to help pregnant women and we pry for life.
I thanck you to maka a link to our site which is everiday changing,
God bless you,